February is coming to a close, and as we continue on toward the ministry God is calling us to in Berlin we want to take another moment to praise Him for all He has done during this last year.
- Praise God for the amazing linguistic abilities He has blessed our kids with. Isaac’s teacher didn’t even know he had only been in the immersion program for one year and is amazed with his ability, this is truly a gift from God as he prepares even our children for life in Berlin. Both Isaac and Leah are glad to be done with their weekly tutoring.
- Praise God for the wisdom, experience, and new relationships gained from the two classes we took in 2012: New Testament Survey and Multiplying Churches Globally. Both courses were great opportunities to learn more about our Savior and His plan for reaching the nations.
- Praise God for His continued faithfulness in bringing supporters alongside us. We began last year with just over 10% of our monthly support committed. God brought faithful, generous givers alongside of us to and brought us to 32.5% by the end of December.
- Praise Him for providing opportunities to share with people about Berlin. Over the course of 2012 we met with 71 different people, families, or church pastors to discuss the ministry ahead of us. We also hosted three Berlin desserts, one lunch, and participated in one mission week at a local church. That is a lot of meals (or coffees) and we are looking forward to sharing many more this year!
As we continue on this year we would be honored if you would pray for us. Here is a list of updates with prayer requests.
- In January we began working on our final set of classes called Pre-field Training (PT) 3&4 and PT Live. The first two are online classes and the third event is live and held in Minnesota so we don’t have to travel. Pray that God would expand our understanding during these classes, that they He would use them to continue to prepare us for life in Germany and that He would grow our relationships with the other people in the courses.
- We are meeting with churches, mission boards, and other people interested in hearing more about how they can partner with us in ministry. Pray that God would continue to provide in this way. We are hoping and praying that God will provide the last remaining 67% so that we can leave this summer.
- We are in the process of selling our home. Pray for our family as we wait for God to provide a buyer, pray the buyers would be people who love the Lord and will be a light to the neighborhood, and that God would provide housing for us during the remainder of the transition until we move.
We also want to take this opportunity to thank God for all of our faithful supporters. We are encouraged daily by your generosity, prayers, and constant encouragement. We would not be where we are today without you! Thank you for your partnership with Him and us in this ministry effort.
We had a wonderful time over the holidays with family in town. Knowing our time in Minnesota is short we have been intentionally taking opportunities to enjoy local places as a family. In January we visited the Ice Castles and the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens.
Isaac 8: He is really becoming quite the helper around the house. He almost always is reading. His book recommendation is The Action Bible: God’s Redemptive Story.
Leah 6: Leah has been around several babies or kids younger than her lately and we can see her gift towards loving these little ones. Both she and Isaac preformed in mid-February at the Carnival of Cultures through the Twin Cities German Immersion School.
Micah 4: Enjoys going to Kinderstube (German preschool), but only on the days he doesn’t have yoga. J He is learning German numbers and letters at school and is doing well identifying them and attempting to write them out (in both English and German).